History Of Turnbulls
Turnbulls Radio has been around for half a century and still brings you the best in car audio, entertainment and security products.
Turnbulls started out as an independent Vauxhall dealership owned by Mr George Turnbull. Out of the ashes of World War II, it grew rapidly and George saw the opportunity to expand into the vehicle radio market.
In 1956 Turnbulls started to retail and install radio into vehicles and in June 1957 it became a dealer for Radiomobile. The Radiomobile section of Turnbulls was operated out of what is now the site of the Mayflower car park. George Turnbull sold up in the 1970’s to Wincanton Motor Co so that he could retire.
Wincanton then sold up to Arlington in the 1980’s who in turn sold to LEX. Due to motor industry wrangling, LEX pulled out of Plymouth in 1995. Turnbulls current owner and MD saw it as an opportunity to continue the company name and kept Turnbulls Radio alive. Turnbulls now operates out of New Victoria House on Weston Park Road, Plymouth and continues to develop. In 2015 we expanded further and introduced active vehicle storage and a full vehicle valeting and detailing service from the same location. This expansion has also allowed us to offer a wider array of services for vehicle conversions.